Bin collection advice
Bins will not be emptied if they contain forbidden items, or if other conditions are not met.
Please make sure that:
- Your bin is labelled with your property number or name to make identification easier
- The bin is put out by 6.30am (or left out the night before) on your collection day
- The bin is clearly visible at the edge of your property, at the point nearest to the public highway (unless we have agreed otherwise)
- The bin lid is firmly closed
- The bin is not too heavy
- Any cardboard which can’t fit into the bin needs to be flattened and placed by the recycling bin on your recycling collection day. Any packaging material and polystyrene needs to be removed. We are unable to take soaked cardboard
- Any extra refuse, recycling or garden waste is put in the appropriate authorised sack and placed by the bin on your collection day. We will not collect black sacks
- Once emptied, the bin must be taken back inside your property boundary by 7.00pm on your collection day (unless the collection has been delayed or we have asked that your bin is left out)
- Your bin is kept clean in between collections
Thank you very much for your cooperation and understanding.